box-of-paints

a journal of my creative efforts, past and present

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

Friday, August 17, 2007

Day jobs, late nights, aquarium fish and burritos

I've been working on creating accordion books the last few nights. These images, taken at the Monterey Bay Aquarium are the ones I have been using:




I started out with five images at first but that left the last image exposed on the outside so I think I will stick with using only four. It's been a lot of trial and error with these, just as it was with the last ATC. One of the strategies I learned while attending grad school was to drink mochas in the evening to push me farther. It works but then I'm worn out the next day, with a slight feeling of queasiness. That's where I am right now after three late, late nights of matting, cutting, experimenting and such. This morning I asked M "Do you ever feel that Fridays are overkill?" He replied "Yeah, they're like the last quarter of the burrito. You ask yourself: Do I really need to eat this part too?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Cayenne Linke said...

That second one needs to be made into a silk sarong!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

hmmm, I'll have to pass that request on to Kirstin and see what she thinks ;)

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home