box-of-paints

a journal of my creative efforts, past and present

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Haunted Dollhouse

A few years ago I put together this haunted dollhouse to amuse my party guests at our annual Halloween shindig. The house was a big hit so I thought I would share it with you. Warning: One of my friends said that these pictures made her want to look at images of cute, cuddly kittens afterwards to counteract the morbidity. I choose to take that as a compliment.

Our first stop, the living room - or shall I say the un-living room where Junior and Missy have endeavored to have a chat with Captain Howdy.




And to the right, the kitchen




mmmmm - tasty brains




Upstairs, we have the demonic nursery




The result of a minor disagreement




An unfortunate accident in the tub




Grandfather conducting experiments in the attic




Poor uncle went off his meds




The grand overview

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome.
Here kitty kitty.....

10:00 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that. Chloe would probably be a little too interested in this display. I was considering it for this year's party. hmmm...I'll have to think on that one.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

ps: I just realized that you were making a reference to my cuddly kitten comment at the beginning.

good lord, I think it must be time to go to bed :P

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this doll house. It inspired something in my feature screenplay that I need to share with you sometime.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

Matt, one of my friends read your comment here and wants to know if you will list me in the film credits should this screenplay be made into a feature film.

heh.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Cayenne Linke said...

This is sooooooo beautiful. I don't know why you only bring it out for Halloween. I thing it's all-season and timeless...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

Cayenne, I am this close to purchasing a plane ticket and kidnapping you for the weekend of the 18th-19th so you could come have fun with us and see these decorations in-person. you and my friends would get along great. the SF is a great place to live, you know...think about it, seriously.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scoodler =Tas! Yay!
I don't know if I mentioned this before but I think you would love Chrystene Ells' work! Check her out online.
I just watched the "Close to You" clip. Have you seen the film? Brilliant! No digital work, all puppetry and costume and makeup and classic film tricks. The transformation scene harks back to a similar scene in "Legend" but is actually creepier. Love it!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Tina Banda said...

thanks for stopping by foolatbeast. it's always nice to have another victim...errr...vistor at the Haunted Dollhouse. I looked up the artist you recommended. nice website. I am particularly intrigued by her puppets and theater work. she worked on Nightmare Before Christmas too. what a great project to be part of!

re: Mirror Mask - yeah, I saw the film when it was out in the theater. I'm really glad I saw it on the big screen. it's such an amazing visual extravaganza. I loved the cats with wings in that film. they seemed rather sinister, as did many of the other creatures in that story. I'm eager to see Coraline when it comes out. that's another story originally written by Neil Gaiman. I've never seen Legend. I'll have to check that one out at some point.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home