box-of-paints

a journal of my creative efforts, past and present

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Recent sketches

Lately, I've been making weekly trips to the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park for sketching. Happily, the models there are very patient and never complain, which is a good thing because I am a slow sketcher! All of these are presented with a plain white background in the traditional style of Natural History illustrations. Eventually, I'll move on to including more of the background, but I am enjoying focusing on the primary figure for now. Let me know what you think of them here in the blog or by email. They are also featured in my flickr photostream. Feedback is welcome in all formats.





























This last image was done as part of a sketchwalk group started by Micah Moore through the meetup site. I hope to be able to post more in the near future now that the weather is improving.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool! My favorites are the Lemur and the bird on the branch.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home